Miss, Cheese and Kevin at Tcaf 2007
With exception to the NYCC, (which isn't cool enough to be San Diego*, and too high-end to be about actually interesting comics) I love me some comic-con action. I really get a thrill piling Team 12 into a van and driving out in the wilds of the great adventure that is North America.
This year we have a metric ton of material coming out, so much so in fact that there should be a new book or debut at every one! Lucky you, the Ho12 consumer! Here are the shows and crew members you can expect to see this season...
The Toronto Comic Art Festival
May 9-10, 2009
Toronto Reference Library, 789 Yonge St.
Every other year we treat ourselves to this wonderful show, crossing borders to sell dick and fart comics is the most honest thrill an artist can feel. I feel I am helping America by contributing to down-paying the national trade deficit.
• Miss is debuting her latest opus A Mess of Everything at Tcaf! Come on out and get your filthy hands on one of the first copies off the presses! AMoE is the sequel to her 2007 graphic novel Escape from Special, both are available from Fantagraphics, and from Miss herself at the con.
• Brian Musikoff will have copies of the latest in his Mauled! series, Mauled! #4: Mauled by Machines, which I would explain, but it kinda explains itself.
• Kevin will have copies of his Xeric Award winning Fishtown graphic novel that has been burning up the review charts.
• And I'll have copies of House of Twelve Goes to War! (#4), a collection of autobiographical stories of our intrepid cartoonists in the heat of battle! All amazingly true, right down to the last detail! Honest to god!
The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art Festival
June 6-7, 2009
The 69th Regiment Armory at Lexington and 25th street
New York, NY
This one's the no-brainer, it's our hometown show. This year at a new location I talked up a few months back, the 69th Regiment Armory, the show needed a new venue and they found the perfect on here.
• I'll be debuting my first solo art book, MATH, some of which I posted right here on this very blog not too long ago. The final version has several new pieces and more fun notes from Dave's high school calculus notebook.
• Miss' sequal to Escape from Special, A Mess of Everything will also be available in mass quantities.
• Kevin's Fishtown will be right there, on the table for all to gaze upon.
The Small Press Expo
September 26-27, 2009
The Marriot Bethesda North Hotel & Conference Center
Bethesda, MD (Actually, I think it's Rockville)
My favorite show, we kill at this gig every year. This is where the big Ho12 guns come out and play. This year you have three new releases as well as the always popular Strike Team Dodecca Sales Experience managing the table.
Cheese, Miss Lasko-Gross, Kevin Colden, Dave McKenna, Kate Allen and a special guest, Pete Townsend (no relation).
• House of Twelve #5: Touching Children Stories - Ho12 is proud to announce the latest in it's always popular, cutting edge anthology series with this awesome collection of all-ages stories meant to tickle the funny bone of both adult and child alike.
• Dave McKenna's long awaited adult comic debut, Monstaland will finally see the light of day. Dave has take his two favorite things in life, porn and giant monster movies and combined them into one of the most amazing adult comics you'll see this decade.
• The second issue of Kate Allen's fabulous Milk-Teeth will make it's first showing at SPX 2009! The first issue of M-T was a grand-slam, out-of-the-ball-park smash, selling every copy we had with us.
Add to this Miss's A Mess of Everything and Kevin's Fishtown and whatever other junk we can fit on the table and Ho12 is looking to murder each and every one of you with our amazing line up of great comics.
So keep your peepers peeled for the 2009 line up coming from Ho12 Industries and it's affiliated partners.
* On a side note, I was having a drink or nine with buddy Chris P. the other night and he mentioned that at the last San Diego comic con there was a huge booth, one of the mega booths, a booth usualy reserved for an entire big time movie company, for the TV show 'The Office.' Y'know, I get it, but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOUUUU, Mr. or Mrs. The Office. Go have OfficeCon 2009 somewhere. Y'assholes.